If you love pepperoni pizza with veggies, these pizza quesadillas are a must try. Thanks to lower fat turkey pepperoni and lower carb tortillas, you can make a surprisingly healthy snack that’s seriously delicious!
The recipe takes under 30 minutes from start to finish and can easily be doubled or tripled to work for meal prep. And like pizza should be, you can get creative with your “toppings” or quesadilla filling choices.
How to Make Pizza Quesadillas
With only 5 ingredients, there aren’t many ingredient notes to give, but I’ll run you through the short list below. If you’re feeling confident, feel free to skip down to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Cook mushrooms and turkey pepperoni in a nonstick skillet for 6-8 minutes.
Similar to my low carb pizza bites, these pizza quesadillas use diced turkey pepperoni. You can, however, use other proteins like sausage, chicken, or ham. Just be sure they’re fully cooked before you put them in your tortillas.
In case you’re wondering about oil, you shouldn’t need any for this step as long as you’re using a nonstick skillet. Just keep everything moving around to avoid burning, and you’ll be A-Okay.
Add sun dried tomatoes.
The extra oil and herbs from sun dried tomatoes does a lot for flavor. So if you use plain ol’ sun dried tomatoes, you may want to add a bit of freshly minced garlic or garlic powder, dried oregano, red pepper, and maybe a few other herbs and spices.
Side note: In case you’re wondering, you can make your own sun dried tomatoes in olive oil. Masterclass has a great write up on sun dried tomatoes with instructions to make your own.
It’s also worth mentioning, you can get creative with all your filling ingredients. Though I’d suggest trying to stick to a similar amount of filling to avoid over/under filling each quesadilla.
Sandwich the pizza filling between two layers of mozzarella and a tortilla.
I used the same Mission Carb Balance tortillas I used for my cheesy black bean quesadillas, chicken bacon ranch quesadillas, and chorizo breakfast quesadillas. Though any tortilla will do the trick!
The recipe gives specific amounts in grams so you can equally distribute the filling into each quesadilla, but you can eyeball it if you don’t have a food scale handy. Another trick you could use here would be pre-portioning the cheese and filling for each tortilla, assembly line style. This will make the quesadilla making operation run as smooth as possible, too.
Serve your pizza quesadillas with marinara or your choice of dipping sauce.
That should cover it. You’ll find the printable recipe card for these pizza quesadillas below.
If you want another fun way to cook these, check out my air fryer chicken quesadillas and swap this filling for the chicken. And if you’re a pizza lover like me, you should check out other recipes like my air fryer pepperoni pizza, cast iron skillet pizza, or bacon egg and cheese biscuit pizza.
5-Ingredient Pizza Quesadillas
Turkey pepperoni, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, and melty mozzarella between golden crisp tortillas.
- 8 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 3 oz Turkey Pepperoni, diced
- 3 oz Sun Dried Tomatoes in Oil
- 6 oz Shredded Mozzarella
- 6 Tortillas (I used 6" Mission Carb Balance)
- Add the pepperoni and mushrooms to a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until the mushrooms develop some color and begin to shrink, about 6-8 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes and stir everything together in the skillet before transferring to a bowl. Set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and place a tortilla in the skillet. Top one half of the tortilla with 1/2 oz (14g) of shredded mozzarella, 45g (about 3 Tbsp) of the pepperoni filling, and another 14g of mozzarella on top.
- Fold the empty half of the tortilla over and briefly press to melt the cheese. Continue cooking until golden brown on both sides. Repeat to finish all 6 quesadillas. Once you get comfortable, you can get 2 quesadillas going in the skillet at the same time.
- Slice each quesadilla into 3 triangles and serve with marinara or your choice of dipping sauce.
Each pizza quesadilla has 7 WW SmartPoints (blue).
Want more Kinda Healthy Recipes? Check out my free cookbook with 50 of my most popular recipes!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Quesadillas Serving Size: 1 Quesadilla
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 12gCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 19g
Wednesday 7th of October 2020
I made these for the farm crew at my husbands farm while they were chopping corn and it was a hit! Perfect because I could make ahead, freeze and bring back to life with a quick trip in the Oven. They were great for our guys because they are hand held, cover the nutritional basis and taste great!
Friday 21st of August 2020
I made this for “Friday Pizza Night” and they were a hit! My husband said “these are so good!” They were easy and totally hit the spot for the pizza I was craving! Easy and delicious, will totally make again!
Monday 24th of August 2020
So glad you guys enjoyed! It's definitely a calorie saver compared to most pizza fixes.