This air fried Greek chicken and veggies combo is one of my favorite meal prep recipes as of late. It’s so easy to make and yields 5 massive servings of tender chicken breast with juicy tomatoes and charred red onion. Each serving has 22 grams of protein with just 9 grams of carbs, leaving you plenty of room to get creative with how you serve it.
How to Make Greek Chicken and Veggies in the Ninja Foodi
It’s a super simple recipe, but I’ll walk you through it below and cover a few recipe modification questions as we go. If I miss something, drop a comment at the bottom of the post, and I’ll help ya out!
Step 1: Air fry red onion, bell pepper, and grape tomatoes for 10 minutes at 400ºF.
Unlike my Ninja Foodi cajun chicken and vegetables or Greek chicken and potatoes, you go straight in with the veggies instead of all together with the chicken. Both methods work, but I think I prefer this method since it allows you to prep the diced chicken breast while the veggies get a head start. It also requires less stirring, better preserving the grape tomatoes.
Though if you have something like the pre-diced chicken breast I used in my air fryer chicken nuggets recipe, you could toss everything in the Ninja Foodi at the same time.
Step 2: Air fry Greek seasoned diced chicken breast for 10 minutes at 400ºF.
The recipe calls for a tablespoon of Greek seasoning. I used Cavender’s Greek Seasoning, but you could use other blends. Be mindful of the sodium content (240mg per 1/4 tsp in Cavender’s). If you use a salt-free seasoning, you’ll want to add some salt to your Greek chicken and veggies.
And if you wanted to make your own, here’s a Greek seasoning recipe you could try.
It’s worth mentioning, I use the 6.5 quart Ninja Foodi for recipe testing. If you’re using a different model or a different air fryer altogether, you may need to slightly modify the cook time. You’ll want to make sure the chicken is fully cooked (internal temp of 165ºF) before adding the veggies back to the chicken.
Step 3: Add the veggies back to the Greek chicken and use the Foodi’s broil function for 6-8 minutes.
This step will create some char on the veggies and crispy bits on any exposed edges of the chicken without over cooking the chicken. If you’re using something other than the Foodi that doesn’t have a broil function, you may be able to replicate this by air frying at a high temperature for just a minute or two. You could even go as far to line the bottom of the basket with foil to limit the air circulation inside the air fryer.
Also, it wouldn’t be the end of the world to skip the broiling altogether if you’re without a Ninja Foodi. Everything is fully cooked and good to go!
Step 4: Serve with sliced Kalamata olives, feta cheese, parsley, and a squeeze of lemon juice to get the party started.
It’s hard to go wrong with rice here, but you could always pair this with my air fryer Greek potatoes or rosemary parmesan air fried potatoes. You could also try making this chicken and veggie combo all on one pan like I did with my sheet pan Greek chicken meatballs and potatoes.
How to Reheat Chicken in the Air Fryer
I mentioned this Greek chicken is perfect for meal prep. My recommendation for reheating is tossing a serving in the air fryer basket for 4-6 minutes at 300ºF. This brings it back to life and might be even better than before, in my opinion!
Okay, that’s all the notes I have for you. Enjoy your Greek chicken and veggies! And one last thing before you go. If you’re looking for more chicken breast and vegetable combos in the Ninja Foodi, check out my sweet chili air fried chicken and brussels sprouts or air fryer jerk chicken and jalapeño tacos.
For the Veggies
- 1 medium (200g) Red Onion, diced (large)
- 1 large (250g) Bell Pepper, diced (large)
- 1 pint Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp (16g) Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
For the Greek Chicken
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, diced
- 1 Tbsp (16g) Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Greek Seasoning
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Cut the onion and bell pepper into 1" pieces and place in a large bowl with the tomatoes. Toss the veggies with the 1 Tbsp of olive oil and spices before placing in the air fryer basket. Air fry for 10 minutes at 400ºF.
- In the same bowl, add the diced chicken, remaining olive oil, Greek seasoning, and black pepper. Stir to fully coat the chicken.
- After the veggies have cooked for 10 minutes, transfer to a clean bowl. Set aside.
- Add the chicken to the air fryer basket and cook for 8 minutes at 400ºF.
- After the chicken is cooked, add the veggies back to the basket and use the Foodi's broil function for 6-8 minutes or until the onion/peppers begin to slightly char and the tomatoes begin to wrinkle.
- Serve with kalamata olives, crumbled feta cheese, parsley, rice, and lemon juice, if desired. (Not included in nutrition facts.)
For Oven Baked Greek Chicken and Veggies
Mix everything together and do a sheet pan style bake at 400ºF for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165ºF. You can line the sheet pan with aluminum foil for easier cleanup.
Nutrition Information Notes
- Each serving has 4 WW SmartPoints (blue).
- For accurate serving sizes, it's best practice to weigh your finished dish and divide the total weight by the number of servings you prefer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Servings Serving Size: 7 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 6gCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 22g