These low carb pizza bites are my second attempt at dethroning my infamous cheeseburger bites as the most popular savory muffin recipe on the blog. While my low carb taco bites were a worthy opponent, I think this recipe is the true challenger. You’ll have to try all three and let me know which is your favorite!
Each one of these pizza bites has roughly 50 calories, 4 grams of protein, 4 grams of carbs, and 2 grams of fat. They’re highly customizable with your choice of toppings going inside, but the recipe calls for the best topping combo known to man—pineapple and jalapeño.
Ingredients for Low Carb Pizza Bites
You can split the ingredients into toppings and muffin “batter” groups. Here’s a look at what you’ll need for the toppings:
- turkey pepperoni slices
- peeled garlic or minced garlic
- pickled jalapeño slices
- pineapple tidbits
Keep in mind, you can swap the jalapeño and pineapple for mushrooms, olives, or whatever toppings you prefer. Check out my 5-ingredient pizza quesadillas for a mushroom and sun dried tomato combo idea. As long as you stay away from anchovies, you’re golden.
And here’s everything you’ll need for the “batter” of your pizza bites:
- pizza sauce or marinara
- fat free Greek yogurt
- liquid egg whites
- shredded mozzarella
- shredded parmesan
- Italian bread crumbs (could use crushed pork rinds for GF/lower carb pizza bites)
And that’s it. As you can see in the photos above, the recipe is as simple as mixing everything together and putting in a muffin tin or silicone molds. (You can find the silicone mold I use on my Amazon list.)
Oh, and in case you’re wondering, a 12-muffin tin works fine. We make the cheeseburger bites in large batches of 12 all the time in our house. The bake time may be affected slightly, with a few minutes extra doing the trick.
Final Recipe Notes
Your topping selection may affect the cook time a tiny bit. That said, these are hard to mess up. Just keep an eye on them and unless you burn them, they’ll be fine.
Also, they might seem a bit moist or soft when they’re fresh out of the oven. Let them cool for 20-30 minutes and they’ll firm up.
To reheat, you can microwave, bake, or air fry (my preferred method). One pro of making the smaller pizza bites (24 instead of 12) is that they’re easier to get crispy when reheating in the oven or air fryer.
All right, that’s about it! If you have recipe questions, feel free to drop a comment at the bottom of this post. And if you make these low carb pizza bites, snap a pic and tag me on Instagram @mason_woodruff. Or you can join my free Facebook group and share it with the Proton Party.
- 3 servings (90g) Turkey Pepperoni Slices, diced
- 3 cloves (15g) Garlic, minced
- 1/4 C (60g) Pickled Jalapeño Slices, diced (optional)
- 4 oz cup Pineapple Tidbits in Juice, drained (optional*)
Pizza Bite Mixture
- 1/2 C (60g) Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 C (56g) Shredded Mozzarella
- 1/2 C (56g) Shredded Parmesan
- 2/3 C (162g) Liquid Egg Whites
- 1/2 C (126g) Pizza Sauce or Marinara (I used Trader Joe's Fat Free Pizza Sauce)
- 1/2 C (113g) Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 1/2-1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 400F and place a 24-muffin tin or silicone mold on a baking sheet. (You can also use a 12-muffin tin or mold to make larger pizza bites.)
- Dice the pepperoni slices and optional jalapeño slices and mince the garlic. Add the pepperoni, jalapeño, and pineapple to a skillet over high heat. Cook until the pepperoni is crisp before adding the minced garlic, about 3-5 minutes. Cook for an additional 30-60 seconds before removing from the heat.
- While the pepperoni cooks, add the pizza bite mixture ingredients to a large bowl and stir well.
- Add the pepperoni mixture to the pizza bites mixture and stir well.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin mold, filling each all the way full.
- Bake for 24-28 minutes or until the pizza bites are cooked through. Let them cool for 20-30 minutes before digging in.
*If you omit pineapple, you may want to add a bit of sugar or replace 1/4 C of parmesan with more mozzarella to avoid overly salty pizza bites.
Topping modifications may affect cook time. Make sure they're cooked through in the center. (Slightly soft is okay, they'll firm up after cooling.)
Each pizza bite has 1 Smart Point (blue plan).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 pizza bites Serving Size: 1 pizza bite
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 47Total Fat: 1.8gCarbohydrates: 3.5gProtein: 4g
More Healthy Pizza Recipes You Might Like
Have a topping combo you love? Throw it on top of my low calorie pizza crust and thank me later. With this crust, you can bake it in the oven, make a cast iron skillet pizza, or even an air fryer pizza.
I also have an option for a breakfast friendly crust with my Ninja Foodi breakfast pizza.