This protein peach crisp tops a simple 3-ingredient peach filling with a crisp oat, honey, and cinnamon topping. It’s so easy to make I’d venture to say even the most novice home cooks out there can have it prepped before the oven heats up.
How to Make This Protein Peach Crisp
Start by making the protein peach filling:
- no sugar added canned peaches, drained
- protein powder
- Walden Farms pancake syrup or sugar free pancake syrup*
*You can also use a mixture of sugar substitutes and cinnamon like I used in my non-protein easy peach crisp recipe.
I use PEScience Select for nearly all my high protein recipes. It’s a blend of whey and casein, making it a bit thicker than whey-only protein powders. If you’re using a different protein powder, just aim to match the consistency in the photo above.
The Crisp Topping
Next, mix the dry ingredients for the crisp topping together:
- rolled oats
- puffed rice cereal (like I used in my cinnamon protein granola and chocolate peanut butter granola)
- protein powder
- ground cinnamon
Then add the wet ingredients:
- light butter (or your choice of butter)
- vanilla extract
*If you wanted to reduce the carb count a bit, you could use liquid egg whites in place of some (or maybe) all the honey like in my healthy Butterfinger granola recipe.
Then crumble to the crisp topping over the peach filling and bake.
And that’s it! You’re ready to top your protein peach crisp with ice cream or whipped cream and share with a friend.
(Or devour it on your own like I did.)
Let me know what you think about this protein peach crisp! Tag me in your creation on Instagram @mason_woodruff. Or you can join my free Facebook group to share, get ideas and tips from other Proton Party members, and just have an all around dope time.
- 15 oz can Delmonte No Sugar Added Sliced Peaches, drained
- 1 scoop (31g) PEScience Protein Powder, vanilla
- 1/4 C (60mL) Walden Farms Pancake Syrup, or sugar free pancake syrup
- 2 Tbsp (10g) Rolled Oats
- 1/2 C (9g) Puffed Rice Cereal
- 1/4 scoop (8g) PEScience Protein Powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tbsp (11g) Honey
- 1 Tbsp (14g) Light Butter, I used Land O' Lakes with canola
- Preheat oven to 350F and place a 6.5” cast iron skillet or comparable baking dish on a baking sheet (to catch any drippings).
- Open and drain the peaches before mixing with the protein powder and syrup. Stir until smooth and use a spatula to cut the slices in half to create smaller chunks (optional). Add the peach mixture to the skillet.
- Mix the dry crisp topping ingredients together before adding the honey, vanilla, and butter. Stir until evenly mixed and crumble over the peach mixture.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream, fat free whipped topping, or your choice of toppings.
- Each serving has 4 Smart Points. (Entire recipe has 7 Smart Points.)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Servings Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 5gCarbohydrates: 43gProtein: 16g