These low carb creamy chicken enchiladas are filled with finely shredded spicy pressure cooker chicken and smothered in a creamy guacamole sauce and pepper jack cheese. And as indulgent as that sounds, each enchilada has just 233 calories and 4 SmartPoints each.
So feel free to treat yourself to two or three or four or the whole dish.
I’d also like to disclose that I received the Cut Da Carb flatbreads used in this recipe for free. I love the product and have used them in similar recipes like my bacon gouda breakfast enchiladas, but you can make do with other flatbreads and tortillas for these breakfast enchiladas.
Ingredients for Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
This is a two-for-one special, with both a spicy pressure cooker chicken and enchiladas recipe. If you’re after a quick and easy recipe, skip the chicken recipe and use precooked shredded chicken or rotisserie chicken.
The remaining ingredient list for creamy chicken enchiladas is a short one:
- Greek yogurt
- Guacamole salsa (or your choice of salsa)
- Pepper jack cheese (or your choice of cheese)
- Cut Da Carb flatbreads (or your choice of flatbread/tortilla)
As you can see, this is a flexible recipe.
I will say, the chicken recipe below calls for the same guacamole salsa. You’re welcome to use another salsa but the tiny bit of extra fat from the guacamole salsa really helps. You may also try something like the green chile enchilada sauce in my ground turkey enchiladas.
How to Make the Spicy Pressure Cooker Chicken
You can fill your creamy chicken enchiladas with any chicken you choose. But the spice in this chicken compliments the creamy guacamole sauce really well. It’s also super easy to make.
Similar to my Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken, this recipe calls for an onion going in with the chicken. It’s totally optional, but I find it adds some extra volume to the chicken, in addition to the flavor boost.
And have no fear if you have picky eaters around. They onion cooks down so much, they’ll never know it’s there.
Other than the onion and a bit of garlic, the rest of the recipe is as easy as mixing a few spices with salsa and pressure cooking for 8 minutes before shredding.
Note: Cook times may vary between pressure cooker sizes. I recently switched from a 6-quart Instant Pot to the 6.5-quart Ninja Foodi and the cook times are consistent. You can also use a slow cooker for this chicken.
More Chicken Options
My cilantro lime chicken thighs would be amazing cooked and shredded in these enchiladas. You could also use my Instant Pot Mexican chicken, Dutch oven Mexican pulled chicken, or the chicken and veggies from my fajita chicken pasta bake.
Final Recipe Notes
Here are a few ideas to make a meal out of these creamy chicken enchiladas:
- serve with pan roasted corn, black beans, and cauliflower rice like in my high protein burrito bowls
- my Cuban Baked Pork Tenderloin has a riff on Mexican street corn in the recipe
- if you love the chicken and wanted to use it another recipe, my baked chicken tacos would be awesome
And I think you’re ready to roll. If you try these creamy chicken enchiladas, let me know!
Spicy Pressure Cooker Chicken
- 1 1/2 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 medium (250g) Yellow Onion, diced
- 5 cloves Peeled Garlic, minced
- 1/2 C (120g) Guacamole Salsa, I used Herdez
- 1/2 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2-1 tsp Cayenne Pepper, to spice preference
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- 4 Cutdacarb Flatbreads, or your choice of tortilla/flatbread
- 1 C (227g) Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 C (120g) Guacamole Salsa
- 1/2 C (56g) Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
Spicy Pressure Cooker Chicken
- Add the chicken, diced onion, and minced garlic to a pressure cooker with the guacamole salsa mixed with the spices.
- Flip the chicken a few times to fully coat and cook on HIGH manual pressure for 8 minutes with quick release. (Try to get your pieces of chicken relatively the same size and thickness for even cooking.)
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a bowl to shred and use the sauté function to thicken the remaining sauce, if necessary. As long as the chicken isn't completely runny when filling the enchiladas, it's fine.
Assembling the Enchiladas
- Preheat an oven to 400F.
- Cut the flatbreads in half and fill each with about 3 ounces of cooked chicken.
- Roll from the long side and place in a 13x9 baking dish.
- Mix the Greek yogurt and guacamole salsa before pouring over the enchiladas.
- Top with freshly shredded pepper jack cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes until the edges of the flatbread begins to brown.
- 1 creamy chicken enchilada has 4 Smart Points.
- If you're using another chicken to fill the enchiladas, use about 24 ounces, or 3 ounces of cooked chicken per enchilada.
- Cook time for the chicken may vary between pressure cookers. I used the Ninja Foodi, which has a similar cook time to the 6-quart Instant Pot in my experience.
- Topping ideas include diced red onion, chopped cilantro, fresh or pickled jalapeños, and a mixture of Greek yogurt and salsa for a drizzle.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 enchiladas Serving Size: 1 enchilada
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 9gCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 23g