It doesn’t get much easier than this cheeseburger quesadilla recipe. You won’t need to get your hands messy making patties or make any crazy sauces. Nope, we’re keeping it simple per usual.
The base recipe is super high in protein and lower calorie, with 245 calories and 24 grams of protein per cheeseburger quesadilla. But I’ve included ideas for making it even lower calorie in the recipe notes below. Once you taste these things, you’ll never want to eat a regular cheeseburger again.
Okay, that’s just crazy talk, but you catch my drift. They’re delicious.
Cheeseburger Quesadilla Ingredients
Like I mentioned above, this is a super simple recipe. I don’t have any ingredient notes that I haven’t included in the recipe itself.
But if you’re actually reading this section and haven’t skipped straight to the recipe (kudos by the way), I’ll emphasize the use of Joseph’s pitas for this recipe. Honestly, any flatbread or tortilla will work but until you’ve tried them for quesadillas, you haven’t fully experienced their greatness.
I buy mine at Walmart. If you have trouble finding them, you can order directly from their website or I’ve linked to them on Amazon in the recipe. They’re also great for low calorie pizzas.
For toasting the quesadillas, I used my 11-inch Best Pan on Earth. Okay, that’s not really the name of the pan. I’m just always raving about my $20 pans from Amazon. I’ve had them for over a year now, wash them in the dishwasher, use them daily, and they’re in great shape and cook nearly anything without sticking. If you’ve seen my Instagram stories, you’ve probably seen them make an appearance or two.
So, if you need new pans, check them out. You get three pans for twenty bucks. I’ve got them and every other recommended product or tool on my Amazon list.
- 1 lb Ground Beef (96/4)
- 8 oz Shredded Cheddar
- 1/2 C Tbsp (136g) Sugar Free Ketchup
- 1/4 C (60g) Mustard
- Dill Pickle Chips (optional)
- 8 Joseph's Pita Bread
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet and mince to fully cook before stirring in the ketchup and mustard. Set aside.
- Place the pitas on a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Add an ounce of shredded cheddar to each pita. Add the cooked ground beef and pickles to one side before flipping the other side over and pressing down to seal. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Each quesadilla has 6 Smart Points.
- Using fat-free cheddar would reduce the fat and calories. The cheese is there to melt and hold the quesadilla together. So, if you wanted to reduce the amount, just be sure to portion most of the cheddar around the edges.
- The Joseph's pitas are some of the most macro friendly options you'll find, but you can use any tortilla or flatbread you'd like.
- For more burger sauce options, check out my healthier copycat recipes for In-N-Out Double-Doubles and Shake Shack SmokeShack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 Quesadilla
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 245Total Fat: 13gCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 24g