Cheeseburger Quesadilla: A Quick and Easy, Low Calorie Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualified sales. Click here to read my full disclosure.
It doesn’t get much easier than this cheeseburger quesadilla recipe. You won’t need to get your hands messy making patties or make any crazy sauces. Nope, we’re keeping it simple per usual.
The base recipe is super high in protein and lower calorie, with 290 calories and 31 grams of protein per cheeseburger quesadilla. But I’ve included ideas for making it even lower calorie in the recipe notes below. Once you taste these things, you’ll never want to eat a regular cheeseburger again.
Okay, that’s just crazy talk, but you catch my drift. They’re delicious.
Cheeseburger Quesadilla Ingredients
Like I mentioned above, this is a super simple recipe. I don’t have any ingredient notes that I haven’t included in the recipe itself.
But if you’re actually reading this section and haven’t skipped straight to the recipe (kudos by the way), I’ll emphasize the use of Joseph’s pitas for this recipe. Honestly, any flatbread or tortilla will work but until you’ve tried them for quesadillas, you haven’t fully experienced their greatness.
I buy mine at Walmart. If you have trouble finding them, you can order directly from their website or I’ve linked to them on Amazon in the recipe. They’re also great for low calorie pizzas.
For toasting the quesadillas, I used my 11-inch Best Pan on Earth. Okay, that’s not really the name of the pan. I’m just always raving about my $20 pans from Amazon. I’ve had them for over a year now, wash them in the dishwasher, use them daily, and they’re in great shape and cook nearly anything without sticking. If you’ve seen my Instagram stories, you’ve probably seen them make an appearance or two.
So, if you need new pans, check them out. You get three pans for twenty bucks. I’ve got them and every other recommended product or tool on my Amazon list.
The perfect lower calorie, high protein fix for cheeseburger lovers.
- 2 Joseph's Pita Bread
- 3 oz (cooked weight) Ground Beef macros with 93/7
- 1/4 C (28g) Shredded Cheddar
- 2 Tbsp (34g) Reduced Sugar Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp (15g) Mustard
- 4 Dill Pickle Hamburger Chips
Brown the ground beef in a large skillet.
While the beef cooks, mix the ketchup and mustard in a small bowl and weigh/measure the shredded cheddar.
Once the beef is cooked, mix 3 ounces with the ketchup and mustard mixture.
Place two pitas on a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Add 1/4th the shredded cheddar to each pita, only on one side. Top with beef, pickles, and the remaining cheddar.
Toast the pita until it's golden brown before folding it in half and removing it from the heat.
- Each quesadilla has 6 Smart Points.
- Using fat-free cheddar would reduce the fat and calories. The cheese is there to melt and hold the quesadilla together. So, if you wanted to reduce the amount, just be sure to portion most of the cheddar around the edges.
- Using a lower fat ground beef like 96/4 or even 99% lean ground turkey or chicken would also lower the fat and calories of each cheeseburger quesadilla. You could also drain and rinse the meat. It's difficult to track accurately but rinsing and draining have been shown to remove roughly half the fat during cooking. (I.e. 90/10 beef becomes more like 95/5.)
- The Joseph's pitas are some of the most macro friendly options you'll find, but you can use any tortilla or flatbread you'd like for the quesadilla shell.
More Healthy Snacks You Might Like
- Buffalo Chicken Empanadas
- Air Fryer Taquitos
- Copycat Wingstop Fries and Taco Bell Nacho Fries
- Low Carb Cauliflower Tots
- Baked Chicken Tacos
- Bacon Sweet Potato Tots