Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer Carrot Fries
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualified sales. Click here to read my full disclosure.
If you’re a fan of sweet potato fries, you’ll love these crispy air fryer carrot fries. Carrots have roughly half the calories of sweet potatoes, leaving room for extra cheese and garlic infused olive oil for extra crispy fries!
How to Make Carrot Fries
This is an easy one, but let’s run through the recipe with a few notes and tips.
Step 1: Crush a clove of garlic and add to a tablespoon of olive oil.
If you’ve never crushed garlic, begin by peeling and chopping a clove. Then sprinkle a bit of kosher salt on top and press the flat of your knife down firmly and drag the garlic across the cutting board. This should create a thick paste.
Note: You can also find garlic infused olive oil if you wanted to skip a step!
Step 2: Cut the carrots.
Wash and dry the carrots before removing the tops. Cut them in half and then cut each half in two to create flat surfaces.
You should be able to cut 3 strips from the larger end and 2 strips from the smaller end.
Note: Feel free to peel the carrots, but I did not. Just be sure to wash them well if you’re not peeling.
Step 3: Toss the carrot fries in the olive oil and garlic mixture.
Note: A common question about these carrot fries is whether or not you could reduce or skip the oil. I tested both in my Instagram stories to demonstrate the differences. I’ve included my notes in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Step 4: Mix reduced fat grated parmesan with optional ground black pepper and red pepper flakes. Toss the oil coated fries in the parmesan.
For an even coating, add half the parmesan, toss, and add the remaining parmesan before tossing again.
Step 5: Add the carrot fries to an air fryer basket or on a baking sheet (oven method) in an even layer. Cook at 350F for 16-20 minutes. Gently shake halfway through for crispier fries.
Note: I used my 6.5-quart Ninja Foodi, which I’ve found to have similar cook times to other air fryers of the same size. Every air fryer is a bit different so check on your carrot fries along the way. You can check out the Ninja Foodi and other kitchen equipment I use on my Amazon list, if you’re interested.
Step 6: Sprinkle with chopped parsley or parsley flakes and enjoy your crispy garlic parmesan air fryer carrot fries!
Okay, because I know everyone likes their chips with some dip, let’s talk sauce ideas.
Dipping Sauce Ideas for Carrot Fries
For the dipping sauce pictured in this recipe, I mixed 2 tablespoons of fat free Greek yogurt with 1 tablespoon of sriracha. If you’re spice sensitive, you could cut the sriracha in half.
Other dipping sauce ideas:
- light mayo (or Greek yogurt) mixed with a bit of mustard and sugar free ketchup
- lemon juice, fresh parsley, and yogurt or mayo
- sugar free ketchup and sriracha
- more crushed garlic with a bit of vinegar and spices
- any pre-packaged dipping sauce for garlic parmesan wings or fries
Let me know what you come up for sauce. I’d love to add more ideas to this recipe!
And I think that’s all ya need to know. I’ve included a printable recipe card below if you like to print or save recipes. Enjoy your carrot fries!
- 3-4 (150-180g) Carrots
- 1 Tbsp (16g) Olive Oil*
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp (15g) Reduced Fat Grated Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper, optional
- 1 pinch Freshly Cracked Black Pepper, optional
- Add the crushed garlic to the olive and stir well. (To crush the garlic, peel and chop a clove. Then sprinkle a bit of kosher salt on top, press the flat of your knife down firmly, and drag the garlic across the cutting board. This should create a thick paste.)
- Wash and dry the carrots. Remove the tops and cut them in half. Then cut each half in two to create flat surfaces. You should be able to cut 3 strips from the larger end and 2 strips from the smaller end.
- Toss the carrot fries in the olive oil and garlic mixture.
- Mix the parmesan with the red and black pepper. Sprinkle half the mixture over the coated carrot fries. Toss and repeat with the remaining parmesan mixture.
- Add the carrot fries to an air fryer basket or on a baking sheet in an even layer.
- Air fry at 350 for 16-20 minutes, shaking halfway through for crispier carrot fries. (If you're baking, bake for a similar time and temp.)
- Top with freshly chopped parsley or parsley flakes and dig in!
*I've tested batches with half the oil and cooking spray instead of any oil. Using half the oil still makes crispy carrot fries but loses some seasoning adherence (you'll sacrifice flavor). I wouldn't recommend the cooking spray only version as you lose both crunchiness and flavor.
- Each serving has 3 Smart Points.
- Nutrition facts do not include any dipping sauce.
- If you're sensitive to spice, omit the red and black pepper.
- You could try using nutritional yeast as a dairy free parmesan substitute.
- If you don't have garlic on hand, you can try adding a pinch or two of garlic powder to the parmesan mixture.
- Cook times are with a 6.5-quart Ninja Foodi (air fryer, pressure cooker, crockpot all-in-one).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Servings Serving Size: 1 Serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120 Total Fat: 8g Carbohydrates: 10g Protein: 2g