What’s not to love about ground beef? It’s super easy to prepare, can be purchased in super low fat cuts, and can be used for thousands of recipes. Some might even say it’s the beef’s knees. Or is the bee’s knees? Either way, you’ll find 10 of my favorite macro friendly ground beef recipes below.
Similar to using healthy as a recipe descriptor, macro friendly can be a bit ambiguous and mean different things from person to person. So before you jump in, I’ll clear the air and say that macro friendly in my eyes typically means a recipe that’s high in one or two macronutrient (protein, carbs, fat) and low in the other(s). I lean more towards the high protein, moderate carb, low fat side with my recipes, but you’ll see a few low carb ground beef recipes on this list.
Use each macro friendly recipe accordingly. If you’re short on carbs, go with a low carb recipe like the sticky sweet beef and broccoli or Korean ground beef. And if you’re short on protein and have a snack attack, go with a recipe like the healthy cheeseburger bites or cheeseburger quesadilla. Macro friendly can mean whatever you want it to.
Let’s get to the recipes.
Simple Ground Beef and Veggie Combo Recipes
- Sweet Chili Ground Beef and Brussels Sprouts – Seasoned ground beef and brussels sprouts cooked in chili oil and tossed in sweet chili sauce. (270 calories, 27g of protein, 20g of carbs, 8g of fat, and 6 Smart Points)
- Korean Ground Beef with Cauliflower Rice – A simple spin on Korean beef that uses lower calorie sauces and a bed of cauliflower rice to reduce the carbs of a traditional beef and rice recipe. (201 calories, 25g of protein, 11g of carbs, 9g of fat, and 4 Smart Points)
- Loaded Ground Beef and Potatoes Skillet – Extra cheesy potatoes layered with bacon fried ground beef. (215 calories, 22g of protein, 13g of carbs, 8g of fat, and 6 Smart Points)
- Sticky Sweet Ground Beef and Broccoli – Simple barbecue beef with bacon and broccoli. What’s not to love? (190 calories, 20g of protein, 10g of carbs, 8g of fat, and 5 Smart Points)
- Sriracha BBQ Ground Beef and Green Beans – A one-pan combo that’ll leave you full for hours. (250 calories, 27g of protein, 17g of carbs, 7g of fat, and 5 Smart Points)
Tex-Mex Ground Beef Recipes
- Oven Baked Ground Beef Tacos – They’re called THE BEST beef tacos for a reason. Perfect for meal prep. (120 calories, 11g protein, 10g carbs, 4g fat, and 3 Smart Points)
- Taco Meal Prep Bowls – Highly customizable (huge) taco bowls with tons of veggies and spicy ground beef. (380 calories, 35g protein, 38g carbs, 9g fat, and 4 Smart Points)
- Low Carb Taco Bites – Ground beef, cheddar cheese, creamy salsa, and crushed tortilla chips stuffed into individual muffins. (135 calories, 14g protein, 7g carbs, 6g fat, and 3 Smart Points)
- Cheesy Gordita Crunch – A warm, soft outer shell with a crispy shell stuck to it with melted cheese and stuffed with taco ground beef and a spicy cream sauce. (325 calories, 36g of protein, 30g of carbs, 7g of fat, and 9 Smart Points)
- Pressure Cooker Picadillo – An absolute flavor bomb that’s so easy to make and is even better as leftovers. (200 calories, 21g of protein, 13g of carbs, 7g of fat, and 5 Smart Points)
Ground Beef Soup and Chili Recipes
- Creamy Taco Soup – One of my most popular recipes that’s as easy as dumping a bunch of ingredients into one big pot of deliciousness. (210 calories, 18g of protein, 23g of carbs, 5g of fat, and 3 Smart Points)
- Pressure Cooker Cheeseburger Soup – A low fat ground beef and veggie soup blended with a 2-ingredient cheese sauce. (190 calories, 19g protein, 17g carbs, 5g fat, and 4 Smart Points)
- Pineapple Chipotle Black Bean Chili – Sweet and spicy black bean chili with crispy ground beef and a pineapple chipotle purée. (265 calories, 25g protein, 28g carbs, 6g fat, and 4 Smart Points)
- Queso Ground Beef Mac and Cheese – Spicy chipotle ground beef in a simple queso cheese sauce with macaroni. (315 calories, 27g of protein, 28g of carbs, 12g of fat, and 9 Smart Points)
Ground Beef and Pasta Recipes
- Beef Cannelloni – Oven ready lasagna sheets stuffed with a ground beef and ricotta mixture baked in a dish of marinara, alfredo, and parmesan cheese. (280 calories, 24g protein, 30g carbs, 8g fat, and 8 Smart Points)
- Fettuccine Bolognese – A high protein pasta recipe made with a beef and bacon meat sauce and fresh fettuccine. (315 calories, 32g protein, 29g carbs, 7g fat, and 6 Smart Points)
- Bacon Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper – A childhood favorite modified to deliver all the cheesy goodness without the fat and calories. If you’re a mac and cheese lover, you have to try this recipe ASAP. (270 calories, 26g of protein, 22g of carbs, 9g of fat, and 7 Smart Points)
- Easy Low Carb Lasagna – Low carb palm heart lasagna noodles layered with mozzarella, parmesan, fresh parsley, and an amazing bolognese. (325 calories, 37g protein, 12g carbs, 14g fat, and 6 Smart Points)
Sandwiches, Burgers, and More
- High Protein Sloppy Joes – A sweet and spicy spin on the classic recipe. (150 calories, 24g of protein, 5g of carbs, 4g of fat, 2 Smart Points)
- Cheeseburger Quesadillas – If you’re going to make the cheesy gordita crunch from above, you might as well add this to the list as well. (290 calories, 31g of protein, 13g of carbs, 15g of fat, and 6 Smart Points)
- Cheeseburger Bites – The king of snack foods on my blog. These lil troublemakers have all the burger flavor without the carbs and calories of a full blown cheeseburger. (50 calories, 7g of protein, 2g of carbs, 1g of fat, and 1 Smart Point)
- Breakfast Burgers – A one-pan, three-meat burger on protein pancake buns with cinnamon vanilla butter or classic potato buns with sriracha mayo. (340 calories, 34g protein, 28g carbs, 11g fat, and 9 Smart Points)
That’s it! You should be beefed up and ready to go. If you like this roundup, I bet you’d love my Pinterest board organization. Go check those out!