We’re big fans of Chuy’s Tex-Mex around here, and we particularly love their tortilla chips, salsa, and creamy jalapeño dip. Luckily, Chuy’s has a video on how they make it. So, I figured I would take a shot at making a Kinda Healthy copycat with this creamy jalapeño Greek yogurt dip.
How to Make Chuy’s Creamy Jalapeño Ranch Dip with Greek Yogurt
The video from Chuy’s is a bit vague on specific ingredients and amounts, but I’m guessing their “secret sauce” is a salsa verde and the milk used is buttermilk. That makes fat free Greek yogurt a perfect substitute, providing acidity and tanginess that perfectly balances the heat and other flavors while making the dip thick and creamy.
In addition to Greek yogurt and salsa verde, you’ll need tomatillos, ranch seasoning, fresh cilantro, and pickled jalapeño peppers. That’s it!
Though I’ll mention you could definitely customize this Greek yogurt dip to fit your personal preferences. Adding fresh garlic and jalapeño would add some extra brightness and vegetal flavor to the dip. And for the cilantro haters out there, leaving it out or replacing it with scallions would be perfectly fine.
How to Serve Creamy Jalapeño Greek Yogurt Dip
Chuy’s has the right idea bringing this to the table alongside chips and salsa as you’re seated. Tortilla chips are the perfect pairing, and you can keep the calories in check with oven baked tortilla chips.
Beyond its appetizer talents, this Greek yogurt dip also doubles as a dipping sauce for tacos, drizzle for nachos or enchiladas, and salad dressing. Let’s be honest, when is a creamy sauce ever a bad idea?
Here’s a handful of recipes that would be great pairings:
- Oven Baked Beef Tacos
- Jicama Chips or Fries
- Mexican Smoked Chicken Breast
- Dutch Oven Mexican Chicken Tacos
- Air Fried Quesadillas or Taquitos
- Texas Style Beef Shoulder Roast
- Chorizo Stuffed Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers
- Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Tex-Mex Chuck Roast Tacos
You get the picture. Four out of five dentists would probably recommend you brush your teeth with this stuff.
However you end up serving your dip, I hope you enjoy it! Let me know if you do in a recipe review.
You’ll find the printable recipe card below with a few extra ingredient notes. If you have a question I forgot to touch on, leave it in the comments at the bottom of this post.
Creamy Jalapeño Greek Yogurt Dip
Creamy buttermilk ranch meets spicy salsa verde in this Tex-Mex spin on Greek yogurt dip.
- 6 oz Pickled Jalapeño Peppers with Brine
- 1 cup (240g) Salsa Verde (I used Herdez)
- 2 Tomatillos, quartered
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro, stems removed
- 3 Tablespoons Ranch Seasoning
- 2 cups (460g) Fat Free Greek Yogurt (I prefer Siggi's or Chobani)
- Add everything but the Greek yogurt to a food processor or a bowl with an immersion blender and blend with low speed (to avoid incorporating too much air) until smooth.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt and salt to taste.
- Serve with tortilla chips or veggies, over enchiladas or nachos, with quesadillas or tacos, or use as a salad dressing.
I recommend using mild jalapeño peppers. If the dip is still too spicy, adding a bit of lime juice or acidity can help.
Don't be intimidated by fresh tomatillos. Simply remove the outer husk and rinse with cold water to remove any waxiness from the exterior.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1/2 cup (about 4 oz)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 75Total Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gProtein: 6g