Low Calorie Tortilla Chips
This has to be one of the most useful recipes on my blog. I’ve been mentioning these low calorie tortilla chips for what seems like years, but I’ve held off on putting them in official blog post form because they’re so simple. It seems a bit extra of me but whatevs, it just makes pointing to them so much easier.
These low calorie tortilla chips are super simple to make and only use 3 ingredients. Well, really just one ingredient if you want plain chips. Either way, if you’re a visual learner you’ll enjoy the video below.
Simple, right? You could make these chips a number of ways in terms of seasoning. I’m typically using them with Mexican or Tex-Mex inspired dishes so I like the lime and sea salt version best.
The recipe calls for tortillas made by Mission. I buy them at Walmart and Kroger, but other readers have found them in local grocery stores as well. If you have trouble finding them, any thin corn tortilla will do. For macro comparison, three of the Mission extra thin tortillas have 120 calories, 24 grams of carbs, 3 grams of protein, and 1.5 grams of fat.
Before you get down to business, I’ll leave you with some of my favorite recipes to use with these low calorie tortilla chips:
- Creamy High Protein Taco Soup
- Pressure Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Pork Tenderloin Crispy Carnitas
- High Protein Cheese Dip
- 2-Ingredient Healthy Chilaquiles
All right, let’s get to dippin’. When you try these low calorie tortilla chips and the recipes I mentioned to pair with them, I wanna hear about it! Take a picture of your creations and tag me on Instagram and I’ll be sure to share it with the world!
- 6 Extra Thin Corn Tortillas
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Lime Juice
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick cooking spray.
- Stack tortillas and cut them into 6 triangles using a knife or pizza cutter. Spread them on the baking sheet. (You may need 2 pans.)
- Sprinkle salt and lime juice on top.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown/crispy.
- Each serving has 4 Smart Points.
- To make these low calorie tortilla chips in the microwave, cut the tortillas into triangles all the same. Spread them out (you'll only be able to fit 2-3 tortillas worth of chips at a time) on a piece of parchment paper and microwave for 2-2.5 minutes. Keep an eye on them and be sure not to burn them. Remember, they'll crisp up a bit more after removing them from the microwave.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 servings Serving Size: 1 serving (18 chips)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 1.5gCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 3g
Similar Recipes You Might Like
If you’re a snack lover like me, tortilla chips will only get you so far. Sometimes you need a real potato chip. Luckily, my air fryer potato chips recipe has five ways to make lower calorie chips in a wide range of flavors.
And since you’ll have the thin corn tortillas on hand, you might as well make my perfect-for-meal-prep baked chicken tacos or baked beef tacos. They’re as easy as filling tortillas with your choice of protein, folding, covering, and baking. You can make tons of these things and easily reheat them all week long.