This has to be one of the most useful recipes on my blog. I’ve been mentioning these low calorie tortilla chips for what seems like years, but I’ve held off on putting them in official blog post form because they’re so simple. It seems a bit extra of me but whatevs, it just makes pointing to them so much easier.
These low calorie tortilla chips are super simple to make and only use 3 ingredients. Well, really just one ingredient if you want plain chips.
How to Make Low Calorie Tortilla Chips
The recipe calls for tortillas made by Mission. I buy them at Walmart and Kroger, but other readers have found them in local grocery stores as well. If you have trouble finding them, any thin corn tortilla will do. For macro comparison, three of the Mission extra thin tortillas have 120 calories, 24 grams of carbs, 3 grams of protein, and 1.5 grams of fat.
Cut the tortillas into 6 triangles and place on baking sheet(s) sprayed with cooking spray. Then spray the top of the tortillas with a tiny bit more cooking spray and sprinkle salt over them. Pop them in the oven for 12-14 minutes at 400ºF (for 12 tortillas on two half sheet pans) and you’re done!
You can drizzle a little lime juice over the top of your finished chips for a nice touch. There’s also the option of getting creative with seasoning options before baking. A little chili lime seasoning or Tajin would be my first suggestion.
What to Eat with Your Tortilla Chips
Before you get down to business, I’ll leave you with some of my favorite recipes to use with these low calorie tortilla chips:
- Creamy High Protein Taco Soup
- Mexican Shredded Chicken Thighs
- Pressure Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Cowboy Caviar Chicken Dip
- Pork Tenderloin Crispy Carnitas
- Loaded BBQ Chicken Nachos
- Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef
All right, let’s get to dipping. When you try these low calorie tortilla chips and the recipes I mentioned to pair with them, I want to hear about it. Let me know in a comment or recipe review below!
- 12 Extra Thin Corn Tortillas
- Cooking Spray
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Spray two half sheet pans with cooking spray.
- Stack the tortillas and use a knife to cut them into 6 triangles. Arrange the tortilla chips in an even layer on the baking sheets. Spray the tops with cooking spray and sprinkle salt over the top.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. The tortilla chips will continue to crisp once they're out of the oven. Be careful not to burn the chips.
Each serving has 4 WW SmartPoints (blue).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Servings Serving Size: 18 Tortilla Chips
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 1.5gCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 3g
Similar Recipes You Might Like
Since you’ll have the thin corn tortillas on hand, you might as well make my perfect-for-meal-prep baked beef tacos. They’re as easy as filling tortillas with your choice of protein, folding, covering, and baking. You can make tons of these things and easily reheat them all week long. My beef baked taquitos and air fryer chicken taquitos are both worth mentioning as well.