These oven baked crispy chicken biscuits are perfect for the spicy chicken biscuit lovers out there. Each hot honey chicken biscuit has 226 calories, 26 grams of protein, 26 grams of carbs, 7 grams of fat, and at least 1 million grams of flavor.
At first glance, this recipe will look a bit longer than my typical recipe, but that’s because there are technically 3 recipes in the recipe card—the oven baked crispy chicken, the lower carb biscuits, and the sugar free raspberry chipotle jam. I promise they’re all simple recipes as usual, so don’t be intimidated!
Ingredients You’ll Need for the Oven Baked Crispy Chicken
If you’ve tried my air fried spicy popcorn chicken, this hot honey chicken will use a couple familiar ingredients:
- ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper
- Corn Flakes
Cinnamon? Yup. Trust me.
The chicken itself is super easy to make. Once you’ve cut the chicken into 8 pieces, all you need to do is coat it with the spices, add the honey, fold in crushed Corn Flakes, and bake. And voila, you’ll have sweet and spicy oven baked crispy chicken without oil.
How to Make the Lower Carb Biscuits
Update 8/2019: You HAVE to try my Greek yogurt biscuits with this chicken!
One of my favorite breakfast staple ingredients is a product called Carbquick. It’s a lower carb biscuit mix that simply mixes with water and creates a surprisingly light and fluffy biscuit.
You can even microwave the stuff, as evidenced by my microwavable bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits.
If you don’t have any Carbquick on hand, feel free to use another biscuit mix like Bisquick or even biscuits from a tube. No judgement here.
Or if you’d like another low carb option, check out these keto cheesy biscuits from friend of the blog, Brandi at StaySnatched.com.
The 2-Ingredient, Sugar Free Raspberry Chipotle Jam
Like I mentioned in the intro, simple is the name of the game ’round here. All you’ll need for the jam is a jar of sugar free raspberry preserves and a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
Blend ’em up and you’re done.
Final Notes for the Oven Baked Crispy Chicken Biscuits
I’ve noted in the recipe card below that you may want to reduce the amount of pepper if you’re sensitive to spice. It’s better to start on the lower end and ramp up later.
And one final thing I’d like to emphasize is the note about pounding your chicken to get even pieces. This is an important note. The last thing you want is one super thick piece of chicken not cooking through while a thinner piece turns to burnt rubber!
Okay, that’s all ya need to know. If you make these hot honey chicken biscuits, let me know how they turn out! Take a pic and tag me on Instagram @mason_woodruff or join my free Facebook group and share it with the Proton Party.
Oven Baked Crispy Chicken
- 1 1/2 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2-1 tsp Black Pepper*
- 1/4-1 tsp Cayenne Pepper*, to taste
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 C (56g) Corn Flakes, or Frosted Flakes for added sweetness
- 2 2/3 C (264g) Carbquick Biscuit Mix, or Bisquick
- 3/4 C + 2 Tbsp Water, as needed
Raspberry Chipotle Jam
- 1/2 C (136g) Sugar Free Raspberry Preserves
- 4 pieces (60g) Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
Oven Baked Crispy Chicken
- Preheat an oven to 400F and place a wire rack over a baking sheet or line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 8 pieces as evenly as possible. (If you have thicker pieces, you may want to cover in cling wrap and pound them to an even thickness.)
- Place the chicken in a large bowl before adding the ground cinnamon, cayenne and black pepper, and salt. Stir well to fully coat the chicken.
- Add the honey to the chicken after you've fully coated the chicken with the spice mixture. Stir well.
- Crush the corn flakes before adding to the chicken and stir well. (You can crush the cereal in a small bag, with your hands, or with a food processor.)
- Place the chicken pieces on the wire rack or baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temp of 165F.
- While the chicken is in the oven, mix the Carbquick or biscuit mix with the water until you can form a ball of dough.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces and flatten them between your palms. (Optional: brush with a bit of butter or egg wash for a golden brown top.)
- Add to the oven and bake for 7-10 minutes or until golden.
Raspberry Chipotle Jam
- Add the raspberry preserves and chipotle peppers to a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth.
Final Chicken Biscuits
- Slice each biscuit open and top with one of the chicken pieces and raspberry jam. If you're storing some for later, leave the raspberry jam off until serving.
- Each biscuit has 4 Smart Points. (5 with the jam.)
- If you're sensitive to spice, start on the lower end of the pepper and ramp up to fit your desired flavor.
- The nutrition facts are for the chicken and biscuits only.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Biscuits Serving Size: 1 Biscuit
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 7gCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 26g