Crescent roll breakfast pizza has to be one of my favorite breakfasts of all time. They’re super easy to make and thanks to the reduced fat versions, it’s quite easy to make healthier breakfast pizzas.
For this version, we’ll use a combo of creamy egg whites, everything bagel seasoning, and diced avocado to make 135-calorie slices of yummy breakfast pizza.
Ingredients for an Everything Bagel Crescent Roll Breakfast Pizza
Here’s everything you’ll need:
- reduced fat crescent rolls (use my low calorie pizza crust recipe to save some calories)
- liquid egg whites (feel free to use whole eggs)
- fat free cream cheese (I buy mine at Walmart or Kroger but if you can’t find it, I’ve included macros for 1/3 fat cream cheese in the notes)
- everything bagel seasoning (Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel or Costco/Sam’s sell plain everything bagel seasoning in bulk)
And two optional ingredients for topping:
- shredded mozzarella (or your choice of cheese)
- a ripe avocado
Ingredient Modification Notes
I don’t have many modification notes with such a short ingredient list, but I’ll try to answer a few potential questions ahead of time.
Using Whole Eggs Instead of Liquid Egg Whites
The recipe calls for 2 cups or 490 grams of liquid egg whites. One whole egg is around 70-80 grams. So, I’d start with 5 whole eggs and add a sixth if needed.
And if you wanted to keep the fat under control, you could always go half and half.
How to Make Your Own Everything but the Bagel Seasoning
In case you can’t find any in your local grocery store, here’s a lineup of the ingredients:
- sesame seeds and black sesame seeds
- sea salt flakes
- dried minced garlic and onion
- poppy seeds
I wouldn’t sweat the exact proportions, but I’ll say most of these seasoning blends could go lighter on the salt and onion. Maybe that’s what makes an everything bagel, though??
Fat Free Cream Cheese
Like I mentioned above, you can use 1/3 fat cream cheese if you have trouble finding the fat free versions. You could also skip the cream cheese altogether and add a few whole eggs or try folding in a bit of plain Greek yogurt after removing the egg whites from the heat.
Other plant based options include nut spreads like cashew cream or soy based cream cheese substitutes. There are lots of options out there!
Final Crescent Roll Breakfast Pizza Notes
That’s about it. I think you’re ready to get a pizza this crescent roll breakfast pizza recipe.
- 8 oz tube Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls
- 2 C (490g) Liquid Egg Whites
- 8 oz Fat Free Cream Cheese (or 1/3 fat)
- 1 Tbsp Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1/4 C (28g) Shredded Mozzarella, optional
- 1 medium Avocado, diced (optional topping)
- Preheat an oven to 375F and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- Roll the crescent rolls flat and press the edges of each triangle together to form one large rectangle.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cook the egg whites in a large skillet over medium heat while the crescent rolls bake.
- Add the cream cheese to the cooked egg whites and stir well until evenly mixed.
- Add the egg white and cream cheese mixture on top of the baked crescent rolls before adding the mozzarella and seasoning. Bake for another 2-4 minutes until the cheese melts and the crust is as crispy as you'd like. (Careful, the edges will brown quickly.)
- Use a pizza cutter to cut into 10 slices and top with diced avocado, hot sauce, or your choice of toppings, if desired.
- Each slice has 4 Smart Points.
- Macros include mozzarella but not diced avocado.
- Macros per slice with 1/3 fat cream cheese instead of fat free: 163 calories, 9g of protein, 13g of carbs, 9g of fat
Other Crust Options:
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Slices Serving Size: 1 Slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 4gCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 11g