This spin on air fryer tacos combines air fried chipotle BBQ chicken with a fresh homemade mango salsa to make a delicious, perfect-for-summer treat. And with 19 grams of protein, 9 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fat, and only 135 calories per serving, you can really have fun with your taco assembly and fixin’s without breaking the calorie bank!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Chicken Tacos
- Diced Chicken Breast
- Avocado or Olive Oil
- BBQ Rub + Ground Chipotle Powder (or your choice of seasoning)
- BBQ Sauce
- Tortillas, Fresh Salsa, Guacamole, Fat Free Greek Yogurt, Queso Fresco, etc.
You can use this recipe as a launch pad for your own air fryer chicken tacos flavor combinations. Instead of chipotle BBQ, you could go classic chicken fajita (and air fry peppers alongside the chicken) or any other seasonings you have on hand.
In case you need some inspiration:
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken Tacos
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- Grilled Mexican Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Bites 7 Ways
- Smoked Mexican Chicken
What to Serve with Air Fryer Tacos
The recipe includes the same homemade mango salsa from my chipotle BBQ ground chicken tacos recipe, but you can use any salsa to save time. I think a spread of guacamole followed by the air fried chicken, salsa, and queso fresco is the perfect way to serve these tacos.
You’ll likely have some extra salsa, so homemade baked tortilla chips or something similar would be great. I’d also recommend something like my quick refried black beans or a Mexican street corn salad.
You could also use this chicken to make other air fried Tex-Mex dishes like my air fryer chicken quesadillas or chicken taquitos, though you may need to chop the chicken into smaller pieces for tightly sealing both.
That should cover everything you need to know. Be sure to let me know how your air fryer chicken tacos turn out in a comment or recipe review!
Air Fryer Chipotle BBQ Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa
Chipotle BBQ air fried chicken breast pieces with a fresh mango salsa.
For the Mango Salsa
- 1 Mango, diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/4 Red Onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Cilantro
- Juice of 2 Limes
For the Chicken
- 1 pound Chicken Breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado or Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon BBQ Rub
- 1 teaspoon Ground Chipotle Powder
- 1/4 cup (60g) BBQ Sauce, for glazing
- Mix the mango salsa ingredients together and refrigerate while cooking the chicken.
- Toss the diced chicken breast in the oil before seasoning with the BBQ rub and chili powder. Stir to evenly coat.
- Air fry the chicken for 4-5 minutes at 400ºF until it reaches and internal temperature of 150ºF to 160ºF. Brush with the BBQ sauce and air fry at 400ºF or broil for another 2-3 minutes to caramelize the sauce and finish cooking the chicken to an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Serve on warmed tortillas with smashed avocado or guacamole, mango salsa, queso fresco, and fat free Greek yogurt.
I used Franklin BBQ rub and G Hughes sugar free BBQ sauce.
The nutrition facts below are for the chicken and salsa only so you can add your own tortillas and toppings.
For Stovetop Prep: Cook in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes before adding the BBQ sauce. Continue cooking until the sauce thickens and begins to caramelize.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 2 oz chicken with 2 tablespoons of mango salsa
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 3gCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 18g