I’ve made plenty of protein pancakes in my day, but these 3-ingredient protein powder pancakes are easily my favorite. They’re just so easy, fluffy, golden brown-ey, and yummy!
These pancakes also check the customizability box. I’ve included an infographic at the bottom of this post with four different recipe variations for the primary ingredient, and you can swap the other two ingredients all the same.
Ingredients for Protein Powder Pancakes
You’ll only need three ingredients, and every one of them is customizable:
- protein powder
- skim milk or you choice of milk
- pancake mix – the four variations I’ve included are for Bisquick, Birch Benders, Krusteaz Protein Pancakes, and Kodiak Cakes
Like I mentioned, you can plug and play with all the ingredients. The recipe suggests a range of milk to use for different combinations. If you’re using a different blend of protein powder than whey (plant based, casein, etc.), you may need to tweak the liquid a bit more.
The good news is that no matter what you change in the recipe, they’re really difficult to mess up!
Final Protein Powder Pancakes Notes
I originally shared this protein powder pancakes recipe as a bun option for my breakfast burgers. So, if you’re looking for a creative way to serve your pancakes, go check that out next! And in case you’re wondering, you can definitely use this recipe for waffles. Check out my chicken and protein waffles as an example!
- 1 C (120g) Bisquick, or your choice of pancake mix*
- 1 scoop (31g) Vanilla PEScience Select**
- 3/4 C (180) Skim Milk, or your choice of milk
- Mix the pancake mix and protein powder together in a bowl before stirring in the milk slowly. You may need more/less milk if you're using a different protein powder.
- Stir until everything is just mixed without any major lumps. Over mixing will make your pancakes flat.
- Heat a pan or griddle over medium-high heat with nonstick cooking spray. You may need to test your stovetop for best results.
- Slowly pour 1/4 cup circles in the pan, pouring into the center of the circle for symmetrical pancakes.
- Cook for about 2 minutes before checking the edges. If you can see the golden brown ring around the edge, flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the pancakes are cooked through.
- Top with butter, syrup, and your choice of toppings.
*I've included a graphic below with other pancake mixes I've tested.
**PEScience Select is a whey and casein blend, making it thicker and more absorbent than whey-only protein powders. I've included a graphic below this recipe card with recommendations for whey-only proteins. If you want to check out PEScience products, my affiliate code mason saves you 15%.
Each pancake has 3 Smart Points.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Pancakes Serving Size: 1 Pancake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 3gCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 7g
Additional Pancake Mix Options
Below you’ll find two graphics with more pancake mix options. The first graphic uses PEScience protein powder and the second uses a whey-only protein powder.
PEScience Protein Pancakes
For Whey-Only Protein Powder Pancakes