Spicy Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice
Whether you’re looking for an easy, last-minute dinner or a meal prep recipe to cover your work week lunches, this chili garlic chicken fried cauliflower rice is the move. It’s super easy to make (there’s even an option to make it without ever touching raw chicken) and is packed with spicy flavors. And with 31 grams of protein, 8 grams of carbs, and just 275 calories per serving, dessert has never been easier to fit into your day!
Spicy Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice Recipe Notes
Beginning with the star of the dish, the recipe calls for Perdue Farms Harvestland Diced Chicken Breast. They’re individually wrapped so you can throw them straight in without handling any raw chicken!
If you don’t have access to this product, no worries. You can always dice your own chicken.
I’ll add that I’m a Perdue Farms ambassador and you can use my affiliate link (perduefarms.com/mason) to get 15% off your order and occasionally bonuses like a box of this diced chicken breast. Then you can make other recipes like my honey sesame chicken, buttermilk pan fried chicken breast, sweet chili chicken and brussels sprouts, or air fryer cajun chicken and vegetables.
Seasoning the Chicken
The spice in this chicken fried cauliflower rice primarily comes from chili oil and optional chili flakes. If you don’t have chili oil on hand, you can use another oil and add in more red chili flakes or other spices.
In addition to chili oil, you’ll need a bit of salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and ground ginger. The chicken goes in with the oil and spices, and you’re ready to cook. No marinate time for this one!
Side note: You may have noticed I emptied the diced chicken breast onto a paper towel before going in the mixing bowl. I like to remove as much excess moisture as possible for optimal seasoning, but this step is totally optional.
Cooking the Chicken
Since the chicken breast is coated in oil, you won’t need any oil in your pan. Just heat the pan and go straight in. The small pieces of chicken will cook quickly, about 2-3 minutes per side or 5-6 minutes total in the pan should fully cook the chicken to a internal temperature of 165F.
Transfer the cooked chicken to a bowl or plate and set aside.
Frying the Cauliflower Rice
The recipe calls for frozen Trader Joe’s Riced Cauliflower Stir Fry, which is a blend of cauliflower rice, peas, red pepper, corn, ginger, and a couple other ingredients. There are plenty of these products out there so feel free to plug and play. If you can only find cauliflower rice on its own, you can mix in a frozen bag of stir fry vegetables like in my 5-spice ground beef stir fry recipe.
You’ll notice the recipe calls for a different type of oil for frying the cauliflower rice. If you’re a spice lord and really want to bring the heat, feel free to use another tablespoon of chili oil at your own risk!
For serving, I topped everything with fresh chopped scallions, toasted sesame seeds, and a bit of sweet chili sauce. I’d love to know how you use this recipe, though. Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @mason_woodruff or post it in my free Facebook group.
If you have any questions about this chicken fried cauliflower rice, drop a comment at the bottom of this post or ask the 14,000+ home cooks in the Facebook group!
For the Chicken
- 1 lb Perdue Farms Diced Chicken Breast
- 1 Tbsp (16g) Chili Oil
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Flakes (optional)
For the Stir Fry
- 1 Tbsp (16g) Sesame or Olive Oil*
- 12 oz bag Trader Joe's Riced Cauliflower Stir Fry**
- 2 large Eggs, beaten
- Add the diced chicken, chili oil, and spices to a bowl and stir to fully coat the chicken.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken to the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes before flipping the chicken and cooking for another 2-3 minutes until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a clean bowl or plate and set aside.
- Heat the sesame or olive oil in the skillet before adding the cauliflower rice stir fry (from frozen). Cook for 5-6 minutes with minimal stirring. Whisk the eggs together while cooking.
- Create a well in the center of the stir fry and add the eggs. Scramble the eggs and mix into the stir fry before adding the chicken back to the skillet. Stir everything together and remove from the heat.
- Serve with fresh scallions, sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, toasted sesame seeds, or your desired garnish.
*For a spicier dish, feel free to use chili oil here as well.
**Other frozen cauliflower rice stir fry mixes will work fine here. You can also use a blend of cauliflower rice on its own with frozen stir fry vegetables.
Each serving of this chicken fried cauliflower rice has 3 WW Smart Points (blue plan).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Servings Serving Size: 1 Serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 13.5gSaturated Fat: 2gCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 1.8gProtein: 30.5g