This low carb breakfast pizza uses a crust made from ground chicken to deliver 26 grams of protein and just 4 grams of carbs per slice! It’s great for feeding a crowd on a weekend or meal prepping for breakfast all week.
Low Carb Veggie Breakfast Pizza Ingredients
The recipe calls for center cut bacon which is typically lower fat. You could also go with turkey bacon. Since you’ll be pan frying and baking, the turkey bacon (which can be a bit resistant to crisp) will get crispy.
While this low carb breakfast pizza uses egg whites, you could substitute one or two whole eggs for extra volume and those excellent egg yolk nutrients.
As for toppings, a bit of guacamole takes the pizza to another level but be sure to pay attention to the calories in guacamole if you’re keeping this low-calorie. A little goes a long way. Hot sauce, fresh pico, Sriracha, and salsa are all great low-calorie condiment options to top your pizza with.
Notes on Making a Pizza Crust from Ground Chicken
One last thing, you can use any ground meat you’d like for your crust. I find chicken has the least amount of flavor and takes on the role of a crust the best. If you’ve ever made a cauliflower pizza crust, I’d be interested to see a half cauliflower and half chicken crust. That would bring the total calories and fat even lower!
- 16 oz Ground Chicken, 92/8 used in macros
- 1/2 C (56g) Shredded Parmesan, Kroger's brand has 10 fewer calories/serving than most
- 1 large Egg
- 12 oz bag 3 Pepper & Onion Blend, or 1 C chopped onions and peppers
- 6 slices Center Cut Bacon
- 1 1/2 C (368g) Liquid Egg Whites, or 8 whole egg whites
- 3/4 C (84g) Fat-Free Cheddar
- 1 pinch Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 Jalapeno, sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix ground chicken, parmesan, and one egg in a large bowl.
- Press mixture into a large circle on your baking sheet. The thinner you can get the crust without any spaces, the thinner your crust will be. Plan for some shrinkage during cooking.
- Bake the crust for 12 minutes.
- While the crust is in the oven, prepare your bacon and egg whites. I like to cook my egg whites in the remaining bacon grease, but you could discard and use low-cal cooking spray to remove a bit of fat.
- Add onion and pepper mix to a skillet with a few drops of water and cover. Heat on medium heat, stirring occasionally. If thawed instead of frozen, cook on a lower heat.
- Remove crust from the oven. Using a paper towel, soak up any juices surrounding the crust. If you'd like a crispier crust, you can flip the crust using a second sheet of parchment paper. I've done both and don't feel the difference is slight.
- Add your peppers and onions to your eggs and stir.
- Add your egg mixture to the top of the pizza. Top with cheddar cheese. If you'd like jalapeno or any other toppings, add them at this time.
- Bake for another 12-15 minutes.
Each slice has 4 Smart Points.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 Slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 8.5gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 26g
More Healthy Breakfast Options
If you wanted another breakfast meal prep recipe, be sure to try my breakfast chili next.
And if you’re a breakfast sandwich fan, my breakfast burger recipe has a bit more carbs than this pizza. But they’re SO worth it.