These Greek stuffed peppers are filled with a combo of Greek and lemon herb seasoned ground chicken, rice, veggies, and crumbled feta. Each one has 12 grams of protein with just 4 grams of fat and 120 calories. And the recipe makes a big batch of 16 peppers to feed a crowd or go in the icebox for meal prep. If you’re looking for a fun way to get more veggies in your diet, these stuffed peppers are for you!
Ingredient Notes for Greek Stuffed Peppers
You’ll find a full recipe card at the bottom of the post, but I’ve included additional ingredient notes in the post between here and there. If you have any questions about the recipe or ingredients I forgot to cover, leave a comment and I’ll help you out.
For the Greek Chicken and Rice
- olive oil
- ground chicken, turkey, or lamb
- Right Rice or any quick cooking rice
- Greek seasoning
I used the same Cavender’s Greek Seasoning I used for my Greek ground chicken and rice, air fried Greek chicken breast, and Greek chicken meatballs. Any seasoning will do, you’ll just want to taste as you go. The Cavender’s seasoning has 240mg of sodium per 1/4 tsp, for comparison. I’d venture to say it’s on the saltier end of the spectrum.
I’ve included notes on other rice choices in the recipe card’s notes section. Basically, you can use any rice you want, but Right Rice is a favorite around here.
The Bell Peppers
Good luck making stuffed peppers without them! You can get an idea of the size of peppers I used in the photo above. They’re on a half sheet pan, and I would say they’re all a standard size for bell peppers this time of year (June).
For the Veggie Filling
- red onion
- cherry tomatoes
- crumbled feta
- fresh dill and mint
You’re welcome to customize the veggies and remaining ingredients that go in your Greek stuffed peppers, but I’d caution against straying too far from the path. Or if you do, be sure to stick as closely to the measurements as possible with other options. That way you don’t end up with too much/too little filling for your peppers.
All right, that should cover all the ingredients. You’ll find the printable recipe card below. I hope you enjoy!
P.S. if you’re a stuffed pepper lover like me, you should check out my other recipes like cheesy buffalo rotisserie chicken stuffed peppers, air fryer stuffed peppers, and Traeger smoked buffalo chicken stuffed peppers.
Greek Stuffed Peppers
Greek seasoned ground chicken, rice, veggies, and feta stuffed bell peppers.
- 8 Bell Peppers
- 1 Tbsp (16g) Olive Oil
- 1 lb Ground Chicken (97/3)
- 1 Tbsp Cavender's Greek Seasoning*
- 1 packet Right Rice**
- 1 1/2 C Water
- 1/2 large (150g) Red Onion, chopped
- 1 (150g) Zucchini, cut into small cubes
- 6 oz Cherry Tomatoes***
- 1 small handful Fresh Mint Leaves, minced
- 1 small handful Fresh Dill, minced
- 4 oz Crumbled Feta
- Juice and Zest of 1 Lemon
- Cut the peppers in half through the stem and remove any seeds and membranes. Place on a half sheet pan and roast in a 425ºF oven for 20- 25 minutes while you prep the filling. The peppers should be mostly tender before filling.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat before adding the chicken. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Brown both sides and fully cook the chicken.
- Add the Greek seasoning and water, bringing to a boil. Add the Right Rice, cover, and turn off the heat. Leave covered for at least 10 minutes while the rice absorbs the water and you prep the remaining veggies. (There shouldn't be any water remaining in the chicken and rice.)
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, including the ground chicken and rice.
- Add the filling to the peppers and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until the tomatoes begin to wrinkle and the edges of the peppers slightly brown. Serve with parsley, lemon wedges, feta, Kalamata olives, if desired.
*You can use other Greek seasonings or make your own. Just season to taste before filling the peppers to adjust as needed.
**Right Rice is a chickpea and lentil based rice alternative. You can use comparable products like Banza rice or Trader Joe's Risoni, or any quick cooking rice. You may need to adjust the amount of water used for other rice options. You can also add cooked rice or cooked cauliflower rice straight in with the veggies and cooked chicken before stuffing the peppers.
***If you're using large cherry or grape tomatoes, you can slice them in half to make for easier eating.
Each Greek stuffed pepper has 2 WW SmartPoints (blue).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 Stuffed Pepper
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 4gCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 12g