If you love honey sesame chicken but don’t want to go to the trouble of handling and frying chicken breast, this honey sesame ground chicken stir fry is the perfect solution! Everything comes together in one pan, and other than mixing the sauce ingredients together and light veggie prep, it’s super quick and easy.
How to Make a Chicken Stir Fry with Ground Chicken
Begin by browning and fully cooking a pound of lean ground chicken. You want plenty of crispy, crunchy bits so take the time to brown both sides before breaking apart.
If you have trouble finding ground chicken in your grocery store, ground turkey would work as a substitute. It’s also super easy to make ground chicken at home.
Next up is the combo of green beans and bell pepper. After making my firecracker ground beef stir fry, I decided to cut the green beans into even smaller pieces about 1″ each. This makes for easier eating and is more aesthetic, in my opinion.
You want the green beans and peppers to pick up a little bit of color and turn a vibrant color before adding the ground chicken back. The green beans will continue cooking in the sauce, but not that much. If you want extra tender green beans, you’ll want to cook a bit longer before adding the ground chicken and honey sesame sauce to the pan.
Honey Sesame Sauce for Ground Chicken
This might look like an extensive list, but I’m betting you have everything in your pantry already. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Soy Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Toasted Sesame Oil and Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Garlic and Ginger (I use frozen for convenience)
- Corn Starch Slurry
If you don’t want to go to the trouble of making your own sauce, you might be able to find a pre-made option like the sauce in my teriyaki ground beef and broccoli. Or there’s a chance you might have everything for the sauce in my firecracker ground beef, which would also work great for this ground chicken stir fry.
Once the sauce goes in, it should only take a minute or two to thicken, caramelize, and start to coat the ground chicken and veggies. Be careful not to burn the honey, especially around the center of the pan.
What to Serve with This Ground Chicken Stir Fry
Rice is the obvious answer. If you’re looking to keep things on the lighter side, I like to make a blend of rice and cauliflower rice. With the right ratio, you’ll never know the cauliflower rice is there.
See my teriyaki ground beef stir fry for an example of the right ratio.
I hope your enjoy this honey sesame ground chicken stir fry! If you do, I always appreciate recipe reviews.
Honey Sesame Ground Chicken Stir Fry
Ground chicken with green beans and bell peppers in a honey sesame sauce.
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil, divided
- 1 pound Ground Chicken
- 3 cups (340g) Green Beans, cut into 1" pieces
- 3 Yellow Bell Peppers, diced
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
For the Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons (63g) Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1" piece Ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup Water + 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- Mix the sauce ingredients together, mixing the water and corn starch together separately, and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the ground chicken and brown both sides for 1-2 minutes before breaking apart and fully cooking. Transfer the cooked chicken to a bowl.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, followed by the bell pepper and green beans. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for 5-7 minutes until the veggies pick up a bit of color and the green beans are tender.
- Add the cooked chicken back to the skillet and toss everything together before adding the sauce around the edges of the pan. Stir everything together and cook until the sauce coats the stir fry, about 1-2 minutes. Be careful not to burn.
- Serve over rice and garnish with scallions, toasted sesame seeds, and additional soy sauce or chili crisp, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: about 7 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 8gCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 19g