Vanilla Frosted Pumpkin Spice Protein Pancakes
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualified sales. Click here to read my full disclosure.
Pancakes are a unique breakfast food due to their ability to touch both ends of the sweet and savory spectrum. These pumpkin spice protein pancakes certainly fit that bill with 28 grams of protein per pancake. If you struggle with hunger after breakfast or meals, that won’t be the case here.
I consume around 3,500 calories most days and these are a chore to finish in one sitting. I originally posted the recipe as one large pancake, but I’ve since amended it to make two smaller pancakes. However, you’re more than welcome to test your might and make one large protein pancake. Worst case, you have leftovers.
You’ll find the complete pumpkin spice protein pancake recipe below but before you get there, I would suggest trying both the cream cheese icing in the recipe and the vanilla protein frosting at the bottom of this post. Both options have 90-100 calories and 15-20g of protein, so you can’t go wrong either way. The original has a cream cheese base, and the latter uses a milk base that’s a bit sweeter in my opinion.
Pumpkin Spice Protein Pancakes
Vanilla frosted pumpkin spice pancakes that will fill you up in a hurry!
- 1/2 C (120g) Canned Pumpkin
- 1 scoop (32g) Protein Powder vanilla
- 1/2 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3/8 C (92g) Liquid Egg Whites or 2 whole egg whites
- 2 oz Fat Free Cream Cheese room temp or softened
- 1/2 scoop (16g) Protein Powder vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Clear Imitation Vanilla
- 1/2-1 Tbsp Stevia or Low Calorie Sweetener to taste
Heat a large skillet or griddle with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat.
Mix the canned pumpkin, egg whites, 1 scoop of protein powder, pumpkin pie spice, and sweetener in a large bowl, stirring until you have a smooth batter.
Pour your batter into the pan or griddle in two circles. Cook time may vary but 90-120 seconds per side should do the trick.
While your pancakes cook, mix the cream cheese, ½ scoop of protein powder, and sweetener in a bowl or food processor. Top your finished pancake with the frosting and enjoy!
- Each serving has 2 Smart Points.
- Pancakes only: 220 calories, 36g protein, 14g carbs, 1g fat
- You could also make one large pancake instead of two, and you could easily double or triple the recipe to make protein pancakes in bulk. If you prep these in bulk, I recommend leaving the frosting off the pancakes until you're ready to eat them.
- If you like sweeter pancakes, you can add a little bit of stevia or sweetener to the pancake batter.
Vanilla Protein Frosting
A simple and delicious high protein vanilla frosting recipe.
- 1 scoop (30g) Protein Powder vanilla
- 3 Tbsp (45mL) Fat-Free Evaporated Milk
- 1 Tbsp Swerve Confectioners or Zero-Calorie Sweetener
Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
158 Calories | 27P | 9 C | 1F
And when you try these protein pancakes and love ’em, I wanna hear about it. Take a picture of your creation and tag me on Instagram and I’ll be sure to share it with the world! Or if you’re more active on Pinterest, I’d appreciate you pinning this recipe. Thanks in advance and thanks for reading.