Zucchini, poblano peppers, red onion, and roasted corn come together with green chile enchilada sauce, corn tortillas, and jack cheese to make this tasty vegetarian enchilada casserole. It’s an easy recipe to make, with everything coming together in one pan. With the addition of refried beans and rice, you have a meal to feed a family of veggie lovers or a weekly meal prep solution for yourself.
Below, you’ll find a recipe card to print for your personal recipe collection. Do me a solid and come back to leave a recipe review if you love the recipe!
And for my enchilada-loving omnivorous readers, be sure to check out some of my other recipes like chili con carne skillet enchiladas, breakfast enchilada skillet, green chile ground turkey enchiladas, or ground beef and veggie enchiladas skillet before you go.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 large (about 1 pound) Zucchini, chopped
- 2 Poblano Peppers or Green Bell Peppers, medium diced
- 1 large Red Onion. medium diced
- 1 cup (140g) Frozen Roasted Corn (or drained canned corn)
- 3 cloves Garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 cup Green Chile Sauce (or your choice of enchilada sauce)
- 6 Corn Tortillas, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 oz Shredded Colby or Monterey Jack Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F and heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the zucchini, peppers, and onion. Toss in the oil then leave untouched for 2-3 minutes to develop some color on the veggies.
- Add the salt, pepper, corn, and garlic. Stir everything together and cook for about a minute until the garlic is fragrant before stirring in the enchilada sauce.
- Turn off the heat and fold in the chopped tortillas. Top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are slightly browning around the edges. Garnish with fresh cilantro, salsa macha or hot sauce, fat free Greek yogurt or sour cream, freshly sliced avocado or guacamole, or pico de gallo. Serve with Mexican cauliflower rice and refried beans, if desired.*
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: about 9 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 12gCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gProtein: 9g