10-Minute High-Protein Breakfast Option: Egg White & Hash Brown Frittata and Omelet Hybrid (Frittomelet)
Like many great things before it, including Jon Snow, this dish was an accident. What started out as my usual scramble turned into a beautiful (in its own way) frittomelet. Whatever you want to call it, this meal is super easy to make, takes very little skill in the kitchen, and is great for the fitness-minded individual with 32 grams of protein!
Calories & Macros
- 300 calories
- 32g Protein
- 20g Carbohydrate
- 12g Fat (notes on reducing this below)
- 1C Frozen shredded white potatoes or hash browns (you could use freshly grated or spiralized potatoes)
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Serving (3 T) Liquid Egg Whites
- 2 oz Sliced Deli Chicken (any meat will work)
- 1/4 C Shredded Mozzarella
- Coat pan with cooking spray on medium heat
- Cover and heat the shredded potatoes while prepping other ingredients (time will vary on fresh vs frozen)
- Beat eggs and egg whites together
- Cube (read: tear into pieces) deli meat
- Lightly coat potatoes/pan with cooking spray before adding egg mixture and meat. Cover.
- Cook until eggs are solid. Pro tip: Turn off your stovetop when the eggs are slightly runny and leave covered to finish cooking without burning.
- If you’d like a crispier, crunchy texture to your potatoes, allow them to cook longer before adding eggs to your pan.
- Add onions, peppers, spinach, or other veggies to step 1 to increase vitamin/mineral content of the meal (use frozen or pre-chopped if you keep it simple like me).
- To save calories and fat, opt for egg whites only and low-fat cheese or no cheese
If you’d like to learn more about nutrition, including how to calculate your metabolic rate, the macronutrient and calorie ratios for your goals, and more, download my free eBook Nutrition Made Easy 2.0.